Inception: DFB Lekgotla 2012. First meeting was September 2012
Members; Luke Pretorius, Jacky Machaba, Shearsby Mupfudzapake, Robbie Novella, Solomon Makosholo & Frauke Ackermann
Mandate: - Envision, evaluate and recommend a dynamic and effective communication strategy for use by the Diocese in communicating essential information to all our geographically and technologically diverse churches.
Forms of Communication
- Telephone – Landline & Cellular & Fax
- Email – (read receipts; request reply; encourage parishes to obtain addresses)
- Website & Data Base – Under Construction (encourage parishes to get their own / use a page of Diocesan site)(upload info frequently)
- Blogs – (+M is the only blogger)
- Social Media – (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flikr; YouTube)
- Hard Copies – Post; Hand Delivery; Collection from Diocese
- Church Notice Boards – Diocese to provide extra copies of material
- Courier – urgent items only (under negotiation)
- Diocesan Leadership Directory – published annually – requires effective data base
- Bishop’s Diary – Google access, copies available
- ICT – supply laptops, software & training to all clergy & parishes (under discussion)
- Training – computers, time management, administration, etc.
- Networking – of computers for effective sharing of files
- Cell Phone App – This now developed! www.my-church.co.za/download/acsa Now also available on Google Play and Blackberry World. Apple iStore due soon. Search for 'ACSA'.